miércoles, 13 de enero de 2010

Fashion

What's in and what's out? Well, that's relative, but That's next to saying nothing, as everything is. But to drill down that vacuous explanation, I might indicate that there are plenteous in & outs for different geographical, social and historic contexts (Witch burning was "in" in the pre-democratical american colonies, whilst democracy is "out" among the ruling class of corporatist China and Quantum Physics is "in" among MIT students). But asuming Ernesto wants me to write about in & out in my social, geographical(This is a good way to bat away saying Spain/Euskadi, huh?) and historic context, I might have a chance to do a meticulous yet relatively small post (That's just naïve, accounting for how pedantic and pernickety I am, but you can chalk it up to my juvenility*)

There are things that are preposterously in, as Belen Esteban(Anybody else wishes witch burning was in again?) or that infectious and most profusely used adjective "mitico". Others are in without popular consent, like being "made redundant", but most of things in are moderately so for a reason, however absurd this might be(Except those who are because of marketing, be it temporarily (The lattest genocided people, soon to be forgotten) or continuously(Clothing with corporate logos wich is astronomically more expensive than it's ad-free counterparts)). These would be Ipods, distilled beverages heretically mixed with sugared beverages, Vomitive TV shows, (Why doesn't anybody watch "How I met your mother" or "The big bang theory"?) music I try to ignore or vulgar, mindless, asyntactic, vocabularyless (Made those two up, but you can guess what they mean) talk wich is transforming our languages in "Permanent bushisms"(Bravo fellas, bravo).

I would write about what's out, but my bile is overflowing my circulatory system and I have to go to the hospital. Mind you, madman's bile is pretty corrosive, so try not to think about all this.


*There you have, Ernie, plenty of debonair(There I go again!) Phrasal verbs and "awesome" adjectives.

2 comentarios:

  1. Very entertaining Ander. It's probably a good idea to check to see if a word actually exists before using it in a graded assignment. A few corrections:
    ...there are plenty of things that are in or out of style...
    pre-democratic..
    ...what's in and what's out...
    Anybody else wish...(not wishes)
    Bushisms
    There you have it.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. DAMN! Good advice, thank you, anyway.

    ResponderEliminar